I have decided that I am going to have the best birthday EVER for my 24th birthday on October 9th!!! I already have everything I could ever need, so this is a perfect time for me to give back. For my birthday, I (and the family members I have recruited) will be performing 24 Random of Kindness around Charleston, South Carolina.

I first saw the idea over at Mix, Mingle, Glow when she did the same thing for her 38th birthday and our engagement photographer, Erin Hession (if you need a photographer in Indiana... she's your girl), did it for her 30th birthday. Go check out their birthday adventures, too!

Imagine how AWESOME the world we be if everyone performed just one random act of kindness a day. I will be posting
to my twitter account (@KatyRAOKS) every time we perform a RAOK. At the end of the day I will post everything
to this blog.

I hope that you will join with me on October 9th and perform at least one Random Act of Kindness!

10.10.2010

RAOK #9: Water Bottles on The Bridge

The Cooper River Bridge (aka The Arthur Ravenel Bridge) is a popular spot for walkers, runners, and bikers. Hundreds, if not thousands, of people are on it daily. I figured it would be a good spot to hand out water to people who were on it around lunch time.

We took 48 bottles of water and, with the exception of the one my aunt snagged, we handed them out. It was actually harder to give out water than I thought it would be. People wanted to know what the catch was. A lot of people were just surprised that I was out there to just to give out water. I even had one lady stop to give me a hug and wish me a happy birthday.



1 comment:

  1. I received one of the much needed bottles of water the other day at the end of the run. It was much needed. Thanks. Nice initiative with this as well.

    @diptnyc

    ReplyDelete